Are you planning to pursue a degree in agriculture? If so, you may need to explore the agriculture scholarships available to you to help you pay for college. Some of these may be available through your college and others may be available through national organizations. You just have to find the ones you qualify for and apply accordingly. Check out these great scholarships for agriculture majors.
Popular Agriculture Scholarships
Check out these popular agriculture scholarships:
- Youth for Understanding USA Scholarship Program
- Iowa Select Farms 4-H Scholarship for Agriculture Majors
- Chesapeake Research Consortium Scholarship for Agriculture Majors
- College of DuPage Bensenville Garden Club College Scholarship for Agriculture Majors
What Will You Pay For An Agriculture Degree?
The money you pay for your agriculture degree will depend on a number of factors, like the amount of time you spend in school and the type of college you choose to attend. Luckily, there are financial aid opportunities no matter where you decide to go for your degree in agricultural studies. Here are some general ag degree statistics from CollegeCalc:
- Agriculture Bachelor’s Degree: $30,260 per year
- Agriculture Associate’s Degree: $16,109 per year
You may be able to save money in college by attending a junior college for your basics, then switching to a four-year university for your last two years of schooling. Look through the agricultural scholarships available to you, and you will have the funding you need to get through school debt free.