Writing a winning scholarship application essay and how to go about it.
So you have read our introduction into writing a scholarship essay and there you are, behind your laptop or PC ready to write your first winning scholarship application essay. You have heard other students talking about their applications, but the only thing that you really understood from it all is that it is not easy and that it will take a lot of time and effort on your side to write the best winning scholarship application essay you possibly can. You, being the eager to succeed you student that you are, do not have a problem with this of course, but it would be really great to know where to start exactly. There are countless websites that will give you advice and tips on how to write that best scholarship application essay. Even though they give a lot of the same information, they also all give plenty info that you may not even need at all, just making the whole process more confusing.
So what did we do to help you?
In order to save you a lot of time reading through all these websites and help you deal with the stress of the application process, we put a team of experts on the job to go through all this information and split the real valuable articles and tips for writing a winning scholarship application essay from the material you can just forget about. This way you can actually focus on what you want to get across you the scholarship board administrators rather than how.
Our top 10 tips and findings on writing your winning scholarship application essay.
- Read the instructions and make sure you understand them before you start writing. Understand the sponsor’s motivation in offering the award.
- Think about what you are going to write and organize your thoughts before you start writing.
- Begin the writing process by writing an outline. That way you can plan what you are going to write about in an organized manner.
- Make several photocopies of all the forms you receive. Use the copies as working drafts as you develop your application packet. Wherever possible, type your essay as it looks neater than hand written.
- Use clear, concise and simple language throughout your winning scholarship application essay.
- Don’t brag. Be modest when writing about your accomplishment. You don’t want to come across as someone who’s full of him- or herself.
- Make sure your grammar and spelling are impeccable.
- Personalize your essay and be passionate. Write about something of interest to you. Make your application stand out from the crowd. Talk about your influence on other people. Give examples and be specific.
- Have someone with strong writing and editing skills proofread the essay before you submit it. Maybe it’s the last tip on the list, but in all fairness it is one of the most important ones.
We know it’s not easy to write that winning scholarship application essay that jumps out from all the others, but with hard work and dedication and a good portion of belief in yourself you can make it happen. You can get that scholarship and graduate college or university dept free.